INTRO TO VITALIST HERBOLOGY, 7-week series
INTRO TO VITALIST HERBOLOGY
We have been offering this popular course for 9 consecutive years! Join us in this special journey: learn materia medica (herb recommendations for specific conditions), practical anatomy & physiology, how to make your own herbal medicines, identify local medicinal and edible weeds, and prepare delicious, nutrient dense foods.
- When: SATURDAYS, March 29th – May 17rd (there will be no class on April 19th)
- Where: Vitalist School
- Time: 10:00 am–4:00 pm
- Cost: $455
In contrast to the allopathic model that treats symptoms with little to no regard of cause, Vitalism seeks to understand the nature of dis-ease at its most root level. In this course, we will explore a holistic model of health that examines the causative factors to dis-ease and learn how we can raise our own vital force, which is the essential ground of true healing.
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY OF KEY BODY SYSTEMS
Understanding the body systems is an integral part of an herbal education. Through anatomy and physiology and understanding the nature of dis-ease, herbalists will have a greater ability to use their herbal tools effectively.
Basic home medicine-making is fun and easy and is an essential skill for the budding herbalist. In this class, students will get a chance to make tinctures, infused oils, salves, and more!
MEDICINAL HERBS FOR COMMON HEALTH CONDITIONS
In this course, we will study 30+ medicinal herbs that can be used to address common ailments such as anxiety, insomnia, adrenal fatigue, depression, acid reflux, indigestion, constipation, and more.
Afternoon plant walks will provide a break from classroom time and an experiential opportunity to view plants in their natural habitats. Find out about the bounty of medicine and food in your own backyard!
FOOD AS MEDICINE
We will explore the relationship between diet and herbs and how they can work synergistically. We will look at healthy alternatives to modern processed foods and how to make our diets more nutrient dense! Students will learn how to make bone broth, kraut, and nutritious fermented drinks.
- Please review our refund policies carefully. Due to the limited number of spaces, tuition is not exchangeable or transferable for other classes, apothecary purchases, or consultation.
- No refunds, transfers, or credits for failure to attend or complete the course.
- A full refund will be issued if the course is cancelled or if there is not room in the class.
- 8 or more days prior to first day of course = FULL REFUND minus $25 administrative fee
- Refunds for cancellations made thereafter will be calculated as follows:
7 days prior = 70%
6 days prior = 60%
5 days prior = 50%
4 days prior = 40%
3 days prior = NO REFUND